No more tarnishing. No more yellow stains on your favourite accessories. Follow these simple care instructions to pamper your silver ornaments and keep them shinning for a long time. It is super easy to make these small changes to your jewelry cleaning regime, which doesn't take much time.
How to store your sterling silver jewelry:
- Don't store silver jewelry with any other metal like gold or brass.
- Keep heavier items at the bottom if you are keeping several pieces together.
- Keep each silver jewelry piece separately in airtight seal to prevent tarnishing, tangling and breaking fragile designs.
- Clean before storing it away for your next use with mild soap and water solution to remove any chemical or substance that can cause tarnishing.
- Store your silver at room temperature, preferably cold, in an airtight bag like ziplock to avoid getting oxidised.
Keep these things in mind to ensure your jewelry's longevity, beauty and safety:
- Avoid wearing attires that may tangle with your neckpieces or other jewelry.
- Too much water can fade or spoil the shine of your silver jewelry, try to limit the contact with water.
- Water sports like swimming can spoil the accessories because of its high chlorine content.
- Please don't wear jewelry for too long, change or remove once in a while.
- Don't let the jewelry come in contact with household/ cleaning chemicals, perfumes, sanitizers, hair products or deodorants.
- In case of accidental exposure to a harmful substance, quickly remove and clean the silver accessories using hot water technique.
- Getting the ornaments cleaned professionally is the best way to be sure. Every stone, polish or metal has a different process of cleaning. You can courier it back to us for cleaning & re-plating and our team will do it at additional charges.
- Don't leave your accesorries lying around if you have children younger than five years of age at home. Tiny and sharp objects like earring locks are a choking hazard that can cause serious injury.
- Don't follow any cleaning method without knowing how it may affect the jewelry.
How to clean your sterling silver jewelry:
- Always use mild soap in warm water mixture to shine your silver jewelry for quick shine and maintenance.
- Use only soft cotton cloth to rub or clean jewelry. Anything even slightly rough in the texture may cause scratches on the surface.
- Dry the accessories with a smooth texture cloth.
- Please click on the link for the detailed cleaning instructions that we recommend.